Catastrophic Bleed Control Course syllabus includes:
- Why do we offer this course?
- Catastrophic bleeding
- Vascular system & blood volumes
- Primary Survey + Catastrophic bleed survey
- Pathophysiology of blood clotting
- Knife wounds
- Ballistic trauma
- First Aid Kits
- Emergency wound packing
- Haemostatic dressings
Catastrophic Bleed Control Course Certificate:
PDF format certificates are issued as standard, but paper certificates can be requested.
- 3 guided learning hours.
- Generally we run these courses from 9.00am-12.30pm or 1.30pm-5pm.
Catastrophic Bleed Control Course Test:
- Practical assessments throughout the course.
Catastrophic Bleed Control Course Prerequisites:
- Candidates must be over 18.
- You do not need to have undertaken any formal first aid training to attend this course – the more people who have these skills, the better!
- Attendees will be required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real activity environment. This includes providing first aid to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore you must be physically capable of doing so.
All courses have a minimum and maximum number of candidates that we can take on a course.
Minimum: We need a minimum of 4 candidates booked on an open/scheduled course for the course to run.
Maximum: We limit numbers to a maximum of 12 candidates per course. Should you have more than 12 candidates to be trained, please contact us to arrange a private course.